Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our Southampton office is looking for a motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to contribute to our exciting range of projects such as commercial, residential, hotels and further education. We are currently involved with and have delivered a number of high profile local and international projects including higher education projects, student residential developments, mixed use commercial developments, defence, hotel and rail projects.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Planning and coordinating of projects, applying an innovative approach to the design and demonstrating your understanding of our clients’ engineering needs
- Liaison with our clients and other members of the design team to throughout the project time line from inception to post hand-over
- Management and delivery of projects within defined budgets and time frames
- Be skilled in low energy design strategies to reduce running costs and enhance user comfort
- Performing complex analysis through detailed research with a methodical and meticulous attitude
- Provide innovative and high-quality design solutions and be able to communicate these to our client and other design team members
- Preparing high quality reports, specifications and drawings
- Delivering Mechanical services design and tender documentation for projects ranging from £10k to £50m
- Management and progression of junior engineers
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Be educated to Degree level in building services engineering (mechanical bias)
- Have proven experience in the design of HVAC systems, public health systems, piped service systems and BMS controls
- Be accustomed to providing guidance to graduates and technicians, demonstrating your in-depth understanding of building services engineering
- Have a keen ability to manage several projects at any one time
- Be able to evaluate technical and customer requirements to enable you to provide viable solutions
- Be able to prepare good quality detailed design documents
- Need to demonstrate competence in using tools such as Hevacomp, IES, AutoCAD and Revit and have a keen interest in using new design tools and software
- Be able to demonstrate good client-facing skills and be able to produce simple to understand written correspondence, such as letters to clients, reports, specifications and PQQs in response to OJEUs.
- Ideally you will have experience across different sectors such as Building Services Design, Site surveys & inspections, Snagging, Client & design team meetings, managing projects and programming the required resources to meet all deliverables
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.