Associate Mechanical Engineer
Our Bristol office is looking for a motivated Mechanical Engineer at Associate level to contribute to our exciting range of projects.
Ramboll has ambitious growth plans in the UK and its thriving Bristol office is central to these growth plans. Ramboll aspires to grow their UK Building Services team by 30% over the next few years. Part of the strategy is to strengthen the offices multidisciplinary offering from the established Building Structures teams who enjoys repeat business from many blue chip clients. Consequently, Ramboll is looking for an experienced Mechanical Associate to establish and develop the mechanical team within our Bristol office.
Working closely with the established structural team and Electrical Associate, this role will include all aspects of team management, growth and development, client relationships and business development. The established market in Bristol dictates that the projects will be across a variety of sectors including Commercial Offices, Residential, Higher Education, Health, Retail, and Science Laboratories.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our employees, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end users and society as a whole. Within Buildings Ramboll is responsible for many inspirational projects in the UK and abroad.
We have leading positions in areas such as Arts & Culture where we were responsible for Tate Modern’s unique extension and the preservation of the world’s only Tudor warship display – the Mary Rose, in Science Facilities where we played a major role in the multi-award winning National Graphene Institute, in cross laminated timber (CLT) where we have pioneered and designed the world’s largest CLT building, in digital design and offsite construction with award winning buildings such as the Citizen M hotel, and on other renowned projects such as large parts of the Kings Cross Central development, the International Quarter in Stratford, a large number of premium retail outlets in Bond Street, and Paddington Station.
Main Role Responsibilities
• To establish, develop and lead a new team of Mechanical Engineers, within the existing Building Services team.
• To raise the profile and reputation of Ramboll’s building services offering in in Bristol, the UK and internationally. Candidates will be expected to market our offering extensively via networking, business to business meetings, seminars, thought leadership and general business development.
• Help to develop and promote Ramboll’s multi-discipline capability in the local market.
• To win and deliver projects profitably and to the satisfaction of our clients.
• To be responsible for the technical performance of the Building Services team.
• To attract talented recruits to grow a skilled, dynamic, efficient and highly regarded Building Services team.
• Liaise and interact with other UK Building Services teams to optimize workload and capacity.
Expected qualifications, skills and knowledge
• Bachelors/Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience.
• Proven track record in leading and managing all aspects of project delivery.
• Forward thinking and passionate about digital design innovation and ‘smart design’ in increasingly digitalized construction arena.
• High degree of technical competence with demonstrable appreciation of sustainable design.
• A notable/growing profile and reputation as a highly regarded, well liked and trusted Building Services Engineer.
• Impressive client facing skills, experienced at presenting to clients, preparing and
negotiating proposals, and procuring project resources.
• Proven ability to win business for the company. Understands the market place, the growth sectors and busy clients. Have knowledge of pipeline opportunities and the ability to help position Ramboll to win.
• Be comfortable in communicating our Business Plan, Mission and key challenges.
• Ability to motivate and lead multidisciplinary professional teams.
• Clear English oral and written communication skills.
What we offer
• Be part of a dynamic, expanding organisation in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
• A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on high ethical standards, innovation and flexibility.
• High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects.
• Competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance, 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more.
• Opportunity for excellent career progression and personal development potential for the right candidate.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.