Associate Electrical Engineer
Our London office is looking for a motivated Associate level Electrical Engineer to lead one of our electrical engineering teams and contribute to our exciting range of projects including commercial, residential, hotels, sports and education sectors. At Ramboll we thrive on innovation and technical excellence.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Lead and develop a team of engineers (Typically 6-10 reports from an electrical engineering background)
- Take a leading role in project planning and delivery
- Act as a ‘Cultural Architect’ within the department setting a way of working
- Act as a key technical specialist within the department
- Coordinate with Department and Team Leaders to co-ordinate resources and develop the department in line the goals of the business
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and participate in activities to identify and win work
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and monitor work on projects or programmes.
- Apply skills and provide technical guidance in Electrical Engineering Design.
- Apply knowledge in delivering projects within Building Information Modelling (BIM) workflow such as using Revit. (Desirable)
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Project Manager role for projects and expected to represent Ramboll at external client meetings – excellent communication skills essential
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements, as well as financial arrangements for projects, including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Works well within a team environment and is a role model to engineers at all levels
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Has a strong background in electrical services design including sustainability
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- At least ten years’ experience as an electrical engineer
- To Hold or be working towards Chartership with CIBSE, FEANI or a FEANI approved body
- Knowledge and instruction of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions of their specific discipline
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly. and to be competent at presenting to external Clients
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance, 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer